Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Mr. Q. Cumber Soda

Yes, cucumber soda. As much as I love cucumbers, the thought of drinking cucumber-flavored soda was not very appealing to me. But seeing as unique sodas are my thing, I did not hesitate to pick up a bottle (purchased at Gene's Delicatessen here in Chicago).


Upon twisting off the cap, my first reaction was "wow, this REALLY smells like a fresh cucumber." And after my first sip, the reaction became "wow, this really TASTES like a fresh cucumber too." I was not surprised to read the words "All Natural" on the bottle. The flavor is sweetened a little but also has a slight bitter aftertaste. Imagine biting into a cold cucumber (skin and all) dipped in sugar. As gross as that sounds, Mr. Q. Cumber soda isn't too bad and is surprisingly refreshing.
Overall Grade: B

No comments:

Post a Comment